What is Two-Factor Authentication? It is like a security process that provide its users with two different authentication factors in other to verify themselves. Two-factor authentication has long been used to control access to sensitive systems and data.
Online service providers are uses two-factor authentication to protect their users’ credentials from being used by hackers who stole a password database.
You should set up 2-step verification because by doing so it will be difficult for anyone to take over your email account remotely. By not setting up 2-step verification, hackers could get into your account if they figured out your password.
By enabling the 2-step verification, they would need the password and physical control of your phone, your wallet or purse, or your actual computer.
What Is Two-Factor Authentication
2FA is a security process whereby users provide two different authentication factors to verify themselves. It was created to protect users’ authorizations and he resources the user can access.
It provides you with a high level of security than authentication methods which depends on a single factor authentication. Whereby users provide only one factor which is like a password or a passcode.
Two-Factor Authentication for Facebook
Facebook is the last place you would want to lose control of. If you don’t want to lose control of your Facebook account you should consider 2FA.
Facebook version of 2FA will help prevent that. Here are the guidelines to applying 2FA on your Facebook account:
- On the desktop you access the authentication by going to your settings.
- Then next go to security and login.
- Under Two-Factor Authentication, click Edit on the right.
- On the next screen, select how you would like to receive your second form of authentication: a text message, authenticator app, or physical security key.
Two-Factor Authentication for Twitter
To activate Login Verification on Twitter.com you will have to follow these steps below:
- Sign in to your twitter account.
- Tap the More option on the left.
- Tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Then tap on account.
- Next tap security.
- Then lastly tap two-Factor Authentication.
You can then choose to get codes through phone (SMS text), authentication app, or with a physical security key which won’t do you much good on a mobile app, so be sure to set up the authentication app.
Google 2-Step Verification
Google calls its system 2-Step Verification. It’s all about identifying you via phone. When you enter a password to access your Google account for a service, if 2-Step Verification is on, there are multiple options to get that second step. Here are the steps to activating google 2-step verification:
- Open your Google Account.
- In the navigation panel, select Security.
- Under Signing in to Google, select 2-Step Verification.
- Then get started.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
There you go.
Instagram Two-Factor Authentication
Follow these steps below:
- Go to your profile on your Instagram account.
- Tap on the hamburger menu on the top-right.
- Tap Settings.
- Then tap on Security.
- Next tap on Two-Factor Authentication.
- There you can choose how you would like to get your authentication code.
These are the guidelines to activating it on Instagram.
PayPal Two-Factor Authentication
- Go to PayPal webpage or launch the app.
- Sign into your PayPal account.
- Click on Myaccount, and select the Settings option.
- You can visit directly at https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/settings/.
- Choose Security from the secondary navigation bar at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down until you see the section for 2-Step Verification.
- Click “Set Up” at the right of that section.
And that’s it. Check here >>> https://www.mycinegist.com/paypal