As the name implies Statsforspotify is a platform that utilize data from your Spotify account to provide users insight on how to use your account and what songs you listen to the most. Spotify is one among the world’s largest music platform with over 700,000 songs being streamed each minute.
By default, all that listening has some users wondering about their own music streaming habits. Enter a website called “StatsForSpotify”. This is a small simple site that many users come across almost by incident. The below information contains what the site is about, how it can be used, and if it is safe or not.
If you would like to gain insights or data about your Spotify account, then you need to access this platform. Spotify does not offer data on most played songs, recently played, and more data. So, using this platform gives users all the details on their Spotify account.
What is StatsForSpotify?
It has a pretty accurate name. This is a website that provides you with statistics and analysis on user Spotify account. The platform is similar to Spotify Wrapped, but you can get access to it anytime you want instead only at year end.
With this site, you can view your top songs, recent listening history, and more. The provided data refreshes almost each day, so users can track their listening stats over time.
Is StatsForSpotify Officially Connected with Spotify?
It is not affiliated with Spotify in any way. Both websites are two separate websites and businesses that happens to overlap. Statsforspotify use a scheme called an API (Application Programming Interface) to access data from Spotify with user consent. The gathered data are sent to the user.
How Statsforspotify Work?
Here are all the different data tracked by StatsForSpotify:
- Songs: Tracks users listen to more than anything else.
- Artist: Artists and bands users love or maybe just the few they play for their pets.
- Genres: This data might prove you like pop music a lot that you did.
- Listening History: This is what you recently listened to on Spotify. For a while, Spotify didn’t provide such data, but they added it to the Spotify app in 2021.
- Last Visit: If you use this website mostly, you will be able to access how your personal rankings have changed since your last visit.
How to Use Stats With Spotify
All required to do is to log in to your Spotify account, using your username and password, Facebook, or Google:
Then, you will be redirected directly to your Top Tracks data. You can also see your top artists and genres by clicking on the items in the top menu.
- Users can view the data for the last 4 weeks.
- The last 6 months data
- Top Tracks of all time
How to Create a Playlists with StatsForSpotify
Statsforspotify lets user access and create playlists using the data they assemble. Below is the step to create a playlist using your Stats For Spotify top tracks:
- Head to the website statsforspotify.com
- Click on Login with Spotify
- You can log in to Spotify using Facebook, Apple, Google, Phone Number or Email and password
- Navigate to the bottom of your Top Tracks screen, and click on Create Playlist
- The platform will automatically create your playlist and it to your library
All it takes is one click to create a playlist of what is your favorite music.
Is StatsForSpotify Safe?
Every is always security awareness of the website they access when they browse online. It is always reasonable to ensure your safety so your data don’t leak on the net. StatsForSpotify is safe and secure to browse.
It uses Spotify API to gather and analyze your music data, and they are not directly logged into your account or using other data to provide the stats. This Spotify API is maintained by Spotify, and it is used by app developers; so, it is completely safe.
Is StatsForSpotify Free?
Yes; the platform is completely free. There is no need for membership fee or a one-time payment. All users need to do is to sign into Spotify through the website.
How to Remove StatsForSpotify from your Spotify Account
When you are no more interested in connection your Spotify to the Statsforspotify, then you can remove it following the steps below:
- Click on “Account” in the top right corner of StatsForSpotify, then select “Manage Account”
- Then click on “Data Personalization”, and select “Delete Account”
The Spotify account will be removed from the platform, and all data. Though, you can reconnect your account with the same steps as connecting it back.