The Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) benefits is a part of the United States government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It has already been approved for the administration of the benefits.
Eligible school children will receive temporary nutrition benefits loaded on the EBT Cards to purchase food. Children who are already eligible for the National School Lunch Act are eligible to receive this benefit.
This P EBT Support Center/article has the most up-to-date student information at this time. Eligible families have been sent a P-EBT card via mail if their child is eligible.
Families already participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) may have these benefits for school-age children automatically loaded on their current EBT card. Eligible families with children under age 6 participating in SNAP can expect to have the benefits loaded to their old EBT card starting in early September
PEBT Card | P EBT Card
The P-EBT card is where eligible persons can get access to the sent Benefits. Once you are eligible, you will be sent a card via mail, and you can activate it to get the benefits withdrawn.
Activate EBT Card
Follow the step below to activate your PEBT card:
- Get your device connected to the internet or a WIFI
- Go to the website ebtedge.com
- Click on the cardholder portal or call 888.328.2656. If you are using the online option, you will have to create an account
- Provide your 16-digit card number
- You will use the date of birth and ZIP code of the child whose name is on the card to set the card’s PIN
- Enter the 4 digits to create your PIN
- Click on Activate
This process will get your card activated, and take note that the PIN is what keeps your benefits safe. The PIN is what you will use on your P-EBT card when at the store.
Where You Can Use P-EBT
A store that accepts SNAP
- The card can be used wherever SNAP benefits are accepted like grocery stores or smaller corner stores
- You can look for stores with a sign that indicates “We accept EBT/SNAP here” or Quest logo
- Download the ebtEDGE mobile application on your iOS or Android mobile device to view locations near you that accepts the program
- You can search for SNAP retailers near you at this LINK – https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/retailer-locator
Double Up Food Bucks
- The card can be used to earn Double Up Food Bucks. With this, you can receive vouchers for an additional $20 in Colorado-grown fruits and vegetables.
Visit this website https://doubleupcolorado.org/ for a list of participating markets near your location.
What You Can Purchase With P-EBT Card
With the benefits card, you can buy most fresh, canned, and frozen food products like:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meat, dairy, and eggs
- Rice, beans, and dry goods
- Snack crackers, coffee, and bakery cakes
- Seeds and plants that produce food for the household to eat
Go to this LINK https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items to get a list of approved food items that you can purchase using the PEBT Card.
Buying Food Online | EBT
Just like a SNAP EBT card, you can use your P-EBT Benefits card to shop for food online from several retailers. Some stores can get your order delivered to your home, while others require the use of the curbside pickup. Visit each of the following retailers’ websites:
- Amazon – They accepts EBT payment during checkout and offers to deliver and discount Prime memberships
- Walmart – They accepts EBT payment during checkout and offers pickup service
- King Soopers – They offer pickup service and EBT payment at pickup
- Safeway/Albertson’s – They offer pickup service and EBT payment at pickup
Also, online retailers are anticipated to be operational for cardholders as the month goes by.
How To Pay
- Before completing a purchase, it is best to know the balance on your P EBT account
- At the checkout process, swipe your card through the Point-of-Sale (POS) terminal. Or if necessary, you can hand your card to the cashier for manual entry. Ensure not to share your PIN
- Some devices may require food or cash selection. Select food to access the benefits
- Enter your four-digit PIN
- Press the OK or ENTER key to approve it
- Verify if the purchase amount is correct, press the YES key. If there is not enough money to cover the full purchase amount, some devices may require manual entry of the remaining food balance
- You will be given a receipt for your completed purchase by the cashier. The store receipt will show you the balance in your account
The step above may slightly differ from other types of POS terminals, but the cashier can provide help if required.
PEBT Contact Number | P EBT Lost Card
If you lost or damage your card, you can request a replacement card by calling the EBT Customer Service at 888.328.2656.