Do you know about the Missouri Food Stamps and how you can apply for them? Missouri EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) serves as an electronic payment system via which the government transfers benefits and grants to eligible members.
This allows users to have access to transfer government benefits from their EBT account to the retailer account. These benefits can be used to purchase food products in registered EBT stores. And there are a lot of registered stores in the United States.
Missouri Food Stamps Eligibility
Before you can apply for this program, you ought to be eligible. And there are certain requirements needed to be met before you can become eligible. Below are the eligibility requirements needed to apply for the Missouri Food Stamps program:
- A Missouri resident
- For low-income earners, the applicant’s household income should be above $2,250 during the time of application
- Must have a social security number to apply and receive the Food Stamp Benefits
- A household running from a particular crime or involved in violating the condition of probation cannot apply for this
- Household members convicted by either the Federal or State court for a felony or a particular crime that involved illegal possession after August 22nd, 1996 can apply
The benefits loaded to applicants’ EBT cards are determined by factors including the number of households or household income.
Missouri Food Stamp Application | Apply for Food Stamps Missouri
One of the easiest and fastest ways to apply for this Food Stamps in Missouri is via the online application. You can visit the Missouri EBT application online portal to apply for the EBT Card. If you want to apply for this program in person, then simply call your local office or the Missouri SNAP hotline.
You can visit the link https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap.state-directory and click on MO which is Missouri. There you can fund the Missouri Food Stamp phone number, website, and local office. Provide the required information needed in the application form and click on submit. Your status will be sent to you via mail whether or not you qualify for this program.
Snap Benefits Missouri
It provides benefits to eligible low-income individuals and families via the EBT card. This card can be used as a debit card to purchase eligible foods in authorized retail food stores. Foods that can be bought using this benefit include:
- Fruits and vegetables;
- Meat, poultry, and fish;
- Dairy products;
- Bread and cereals;
- Other foods such as snack foods and non-alcoholic beverages; and
- Seeds and plants, produce food for the household to eat.
How To Activate P-EBT Card
Follow the step below to activate the card after you have received it via the mail:
- Launch your web browser
- Enter the URL ebtEDGE.com and click cardholder portal OR call 888.328.2656. If you are using the online option, then you will need to create an account
- Provide your 16-digit card number
- You will use your date and ZIP code for the child whose name is on the car to set the PIN
- Enter the 4 digits to create your PIN.
This will get the card activated, and the PIN is what keeps your benefits safe. You can contact customer service at 888.328.2656 in case you lost or damage your card.
Where You Can Use P-EBT Card
Stores that accept SNAP
- The card can be used anywhere SNAP benefits are accepted, like grocery stores or smaller corner stores
- Check for signs that indicate “We accept EBT/SNAP here” or a QUEST logo
- Download the ebtEDGE mobile app to view locations near you that accept P-EBT benefits
- Search for SNAP retailers near you using this link https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/retailer-locator
Double Up Food Bucks
- The card can be used to earn Double Up Food Bucks. With Double Up Food Bucks, you can receive vouchers for about an additional $20 in Colorado-grown fruits and vegetables.
You can visit the Double Up website for the list of participation markets near you.
Missouri Food Stamp Number
If a customer needs help with the Missouri Food Stamp issues, then contact 1-855-373-4636.