Do you know about the iMessage feature available to only Apple device users? This feature or service works like text messages but has a lot more other features that made it better than the usual text messages. 10This tool helps save messages forever in your Apple iCloud storage. You can quickly share location, photos, and even emojis on this platform. If you have not yet activated this on your Apple device (laptops and mobiles), then you should get to read more on this article as I will be providing more information about this service.
CHECK THIS POST >>> Google App – The Google App | Download the App for…
This is an instant messaging feature that was developed by Apple. It was launched in 2011. It is an Apple built-in instant message (IM) service that lets you send text, picture, video, sound, and location quickly and easily to any other Apple device user.
Unlike the android text messages, the Apple iMessage has a lot of features that have made it preferable to use than the text message. It cannot be used on the web, android mobile devices, and other non-Apple devices. Also, you must be an Apple device owner to receive an iMessage from other Apple device users.
Features of iMessage
There are reasons to which the iMessage works more than the usual text messages. I will be listing out some of the basic features of the iMessage. They include:
- You can send texts, documents, photos, videos, contact information, and group messages over the internet to another Apple device user.
- It is an alternative to SMS and MMS messaging.
- Messages are saved forever to your Apple ID or iCloud.
- The message sent through this medium is encrypted and can be tracked using the delivery receipt.
- You are notified if another user has received your message and typing a reply.
There are many other beneficial features.
Difference Between Text Message And iMessage
The feature is located in the default messages app on your Apple mobile device. It appears in blue while text messages are green. This feature only works for Apple devices. If you are sending a message from an Apple device to an android mobile it will appear green. It uses internet data (cellular network).
iMessage on PC
This feature is only accessed by Apple device users. There is no web use or other alternative to which you can use its services. You can only connect to it on the computer if you are using an Apple Mac laptop.
iMessage Waiting for Activation
Setting it up on your Apple mobile (iPhones) is pretty much easy to do. Below are the steps to take to turn it on:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Messages.
- At the top tap on the icon next to iMessage to turn it on.
- Tap on Send & Receive to edit the email to which you can send and receive iMessage.
- Check through other settings you may want to turn on.
- You can tap on Keep Messages to set the limit to which the iMessages expire. You can set it to stay forever.
And that’s it.
How To Activate iMessage For Mac Laptop
As said earlier, iMessage can be used also on Apple Mac laptops. Messages on Apple laptops let you communicate with your friends, families, and other users on varieties of platforms of which iMessage includes them.
- Open Messages on your Mac laptop.
- Click on “Messages” in the Menu bar.
- Then click on Preferences.
- At the top of the page, click on the Accounts tab.
- After which you will click on your iMessage account.
- Click on the checkbox next to Enable Messages on iCloud to turn it on.
- Sync your messages with the iMessage by clicking on Sync Now.
And finally, that’s how you turn on iMessage sync on the Apple Mac laptops. Sure this step can be used in all different Apple Mac laptops.
How To Send an iMessage
You are required to be connected to a wifi or you must have a cellular network to use this service:
- Go to your setting.
- Tap on Messages and turn the iMessage on.
- Then tap on the message icon on your Apple device.
- Make sure the other user is an Apple device user.
- The message you send will automatically appear in blue color.
If the other receiver is an android user, then the message will appear green. Meaning the user cannot receive an iMessage. Messages to Apple device users are automatically sent in a blue box. The charges are taken from your recharged account or cellular network mobile subscription.
SEE THIS ALSO >>> Android 12.1 Review – Android 12.1 Features | How to Update…