Do you know How To Roast Turkey? Are you hosting a party and you want to roast a turkey but don’t know how to? You don’t need to worry anymore because this article got you covered.
Using the perfect ingredients and recipe to roast a turkey is the best idea you can make. There are different ways to roast a turkey but not all you will enjoy eating. This page has the best ingredient and recipe to roast a turkey. Read on to find out.
How To Roast Turkey
Turkey are oversized chickens so if you can cook chicken then you can cook turkey also. Turkeys are available at the supermarkets which weigh between 10 and 25 pounds. This article has the perfect recipe for roasting a turkey. Continue reading to find out.
What Temperature to Cook Turkey
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit 20 to 30 minutes before the end of the margination time. Cover a baking tray with foil and grease it lightly with cooking oil or a nonstick cooking spray.
Roasted Turkey Breast
Do you want to host an event and you are thinking of preparing a roasted turkey breast? Here are the ingredients and recipe you need:
- 6 lb. bone-in skin-on turkey breast.
- Unsalted butter.
- Thyme, rosemary, sage (or parsley).
- Salt and pepper.
- Yellow onion, carrot and celery.
- Low-sodium chicken stock.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place the turkey breast, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, herbs, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice to make a paste.
- Loosen the skin from the meat gently with your fingers and smear half of the paste directly on the meat.
- Spread the remaining paste evenly on the skin. Pour the wine into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Roast the turkey for 1 3/4 to 2 hours, until the skin is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest and meatiest areas of the breast.
- If the skin is over-browning, cover the breast loosely with aluminum foil.
- When the turkey is done, cover with foil and allow it to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with the pan juices spooned over the turkey
Ready to go.
Ingredients To Roast a Turkey
Here are the ingredients to roast a turkey:
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter.
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced.
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves.
- 1 fresh turkey (10 to 12 pounds).
- Kosher salt.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 large bunch fresh thyme.
- 1 whole lemon, halved.
- 1 Spanish onion, quartered.
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise.
Steps To Roast a Turkey
The steps to roast a turkey:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the zest and juice of the lemon and 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves to the butter mixture. Set aside.
- Take the giblets out of the turkey and wash the turkey inside and out.
- Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry.
- Place the turkey in a large roasting pan.
- Generously add salt and pepper the inside of the turkey cavity.
- Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, halved lemon, quartered onion, and the garlic.
- Brush the outside of the turkey with the butter mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Tie the legs together with string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the turkey.
- Roast the turkey about 2 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between the leg and the thigh.
- Remove the turkey to a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil; let rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice the turkey and serve.
There you go.