You must have heard about the globally known United States-based Harvard University. This university was the first to be known in America. It provides quality education tools and equipment for its students.
The university is one among the low rate of acceptance institutions. This means that the rate of applicants being accepted to the institution is very low. Read more on this article to learn some information about the university.
This university was the first institution of higher education to the established in the new world. As it was the first university in America, its reputation was established as the sole place to get a degree.
Harvard University produces high-impact research in so many fields, ranging from sciences to the humanities. So, no matter the course or degree you seek to take, the university got you covered.
Where is Harvard University
The university is located outside Boston in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It is made up of 13 schools and institutes including top-ranked.
The university was formerly called Harvard College and it is a private research university. It was founded by Massachusetts General Court and established in 1635.
Harvard University Acceptance Rate
The university has a 4.6%-5% acceptance rate which ranks it in number 2 in Massachusetts for the lowest rate of acceptance. During the year 2020, about 2100 applicants were admitted out of 44,000.
It is quite difficult to get into school. Harvard typically accepts and attracts “A” average high school students. Yet, the school is highly desirable for a lot of students.
Harvard University Notable Alumni
There are a lot of notable alumni of Harvard University. These are popular known people who graduated from the university. Some of the university popular attendees include:
- Late John F. Kennedy (35th President of the United States).
- Mark Zuckerberg (Chief Executive Officer of Facebook).
- Natalie Portman (Actress).
- Matt Damon (Actor).
- Neil deGrasse Tyson (Astrophysicist).
- Conan O’Brien (Television Host).
- Tommy Lee Jones (Actor).
- Michael Bloomberg (Mayor of New York City).
- Late W. E. B. Du Bois (Civil Rights Activists).
- Margaret Atwood (Writer, Environmental Activist).
There are many other popular people who have attended the university. So, this is a great choice among other best universities one should attend.
Harvard University Tuition
Numerous considerations are to be made when choosing a graduate program and cost is inclusive. The tuition charges of the university are updated each year on this LINK. Below I will be detailing the tuition and fee charge in effect for 2021-2022 academic year:
- Full-Time Student – Per Academic Year $51,904.
- Part-Time Student – Per Academic Year $25,952.
- Advanced Doctoral Fee (For Doctoral Student who have Fulfilled the Tuition Requirements) – Per Term/Semester $2,595.
- Health Insurance Fees (Student Health Insurance Plan + Student Health Fee) – Per Academic Year $5,282.
You can get more information about the tuition of the university from the link above on this paragraph.