Geico is one among the largest car Insurance companies in the United States. Well known for its creative and hilarious ads, the popular Geico gecko is synonymous with the industry as a whole. People can save hundreds of dollars on car insurance when they switch to Geico.
Owned by Berkshire Hathaway, it is available in all 50 states, including Washington, DC. The company combines great rates with award-winning digital features.
Geico offers almost every major car coverage type. But it doesn’t offer gap insurance, which you may want if you are financing your vehicle. Gap insurance helps people to pay for when an accident leaves your car badly damaged or totaled. It covers the difference between your vehicle’s market value and the amount you owe on it.
GEICO: Everything you need to know
- Headquarters: 5260 Western Avenue, Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815
- GWP: $35.09 billion (annual earned premium in 2020)
- Employee size: 40,000+
- Global locations: US, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
- Underwriting expertise: Auto insurance
- Key people: Todd Combs, President and CEO
Geico Insurance Types
They are arranged in categories, which include:
Geico Vehicle Insurance
- Collector Auto
- Mexico Auto
Geico Property Insurance
- Mobile Home
Geico Business Insurance
- Business Owner’s
- General liability
- Professional liability
- Workers’ compensation
- Cyber liability
- Medical malpractice
- Wellness & fitness
- Commercial Auto
Geico Other Insurance
- Identity protection
- Cell phone
Geico Insurance Car
It offers every type of auto insurance and some of the highest policy limits in the insurance industry. The company insurance coverage includes:
- Liability car insurance
- Collision insurance
- Comprehensive insurance
- Medical payments
- Personal injury protection
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
Cost To Insure Most Popular Cars
Average annual cost in 2020 according to reports:
- Ford F-Series: $417
- Chevrolet Silverado: $509
- Ram Pickup: $,1508
- Toyota RAV4: $1,194
- Honda CRV: $1,142
- Toyota Camry: $1,409
- Honda Civic: $1,455
- Toyota Corolla: $1,319
- GMC Sierra $528
- Chevrolet Equinox $1,270
Geico Insurance Cost
The key benefit of registering a policy with Geico is the carrier’s lower-than-average rates. Its average annual full coverage premium for vehicle owners with clean record is $1,405, with $117 monthly.
In contrast, the annual national average costs $1,674. Even without a clean driving record, the average rates are still over $400 cheaper compared to the national average.
Geico Premium Prices
|Geico average annual full coverage premium||National average annual full coverage premium|
|Clean driving history||$1,405||$1,771|
|One speeding ticket||$1,734||$2,138|
Some notable car insurance discounts and savings via Geico are:
- Good student discount: 15%
- Anti-lock brakes: 5%
- New vehicle discount: 15%
- Good driver: 22%
- Military discount: 15%
- Emergency deployment discount: 25%
- Multi-vehicle discount: 25%
Geico Insurance Quotes – Start My Quote
An auto insurance quote is the estimate of what the policy rate will be depending on the information you give and the requested coverages and limits.
To get an Geico Insurance Quote:
- Go to the website geico.com
- Enter your Zip Code and click on Go. You will see a message saying “Thanks! Select insurance product below to start a free quote:”
- Select your product by clicking on the checkbox close to the product options which include Auto, Homeowners, Renters, Motorcycle/ATV, and Boat
- You can click on “View More Insurance Types to select more other than the above options
- Then click on Start My Quote
You will be redirected to the insurance type website, where you will have to fill in details concerning the insurance product. For auto, you will have to provide vehicle type, number, etc. For homeowners, you will have to provide home address, unit number, zip code, city, and state. Follow the onscreen guide to complete the Get My Quote steps.
Geico Insurance Account
If you have already registered a product on the company insurance, then you can Log in to your account to view your information about the insurance. You can login to your account to make payment, change address, change coverage, insurance card, add or remove a vehicle, go paperless, report and view claims, and or view discounts more.
Geico Insurance Login
To login to your account:
- Visit Geico.com
- Click on the profile icon at the top right header section
- Select your insurance type
- Click on login
- You will be redirected to the login page
- Use your USER ID/Email/Policy Number, and your password
- Click on LOGIN
Geico Online Activation – Sign Up for Account
- Go to https://ecams.geico.com/activation
- Enter your policy number either Auto/Cycle Policy Number or Property Policy Number
- Provide your Date of Birth, and Mailing Zip Code
- Click on CONTINUE
- Provide your name, email, phone number, user id and password
- Click on Activate account
Report a Claim
If you report a claim on Geico, you are informing the insurer that an insured event has occurred and you intend to request for financial payment. Filing your claim is fast and easy on the website www.geico.com/claims. You can also call the departmental number at (800) 841-3000. If you are eligible, then you can schedule a damage inspection, repair, and rental on call. It is very important to report your claim as soon as the event occurs.
Track a Claim
To Access Your Claim, CLICK HERE. Provide your claim number, your first name, last name, and click on CONTINUE.
Get ID Cards
You can get a Geico Insurance ID Card being emailed or mailed to you using the fast, easy and secure express service. Go to GEICO ID CARD, fill in your phone number/social security number/policy number, mailing zip code, delivery options, and click on CONTINUE.
Make a Payment
You can pay your bill, view account balance, or enroll in an automatic payments. Fill in your phone number/social security number/policy number, mailing zip code, delivery options, and click on CONTINUE. Follow the onscreen guides to complete the payment process.
Geico Insurance Mobile App
The mobile app can be downloaded on both iOS App Store and Android Play Store. Go to your phone store, enter the name “Geico Mobile – Car Insurance”. Note that, the app is not available in every county.
To Download on:
Play Store – CLICK HERE
App Store – CLICK HERE
Phone Number Geico Insurance – Contact GEICO Customer Service | Geico Insurance Phone Number
GEICO/Customer service – 1 (800) 207-7847