Do you need an ESTA ESTA USA VISA? All citizens of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries who have entered the United State either by air or sea are required to receive the program approval. These citizens also include infants if they haven’t received a visa for traveling to the United States.
HAVE YOU SEEN: Cuba Tourist Visa – How to apply for the Cuba Tourist Visa
The U.S. is an amazing place to visit mostly for tourism, business, and other reasons like medical care. And if you want to travel by air or sea or just pass through the country, you may be wondering if you need a visa or an Electronic System for Travel Authorization. Also, you may want to know if you are eligible to get one.
ESTA USA VISA – Is ESTA a visa?
The Electronic System for Travel Authorization is not a visa. Though, sometimes people refer to it as a visa. Citizens traveling with a valid visa don’t need to apply for the program.
What is an ESTA?
It stands for Electronic System for Travel Authorization. The Visa Waiver Program are required to apply for an receive an approved travel authorization via ESTA to get a plane or vessel heading for the U.S.
A travel via ESTA is not a guarantee of admission into the United States. The travelers must establish their eligibility for the program during inspection by an officer at a port of entry. This is a compulsory digital travel authorization for the United States instead of a paper document.
The Electronic System for Travel Authorization lets you travel to the United States without a visa. It also applied to transit via the United States of America. It is also considered as an automated system that determines the eligibility to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
Visa Waiver Program – VWP
This is governed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). VWP offers permission to nationals or citizens of eligible countries to travel to the US for tourism or business. And they can stay for 90 days or less without a visa.
ESTA – Countries Eligible for ESTA
Below are the countries that are eligible to participate in the program:
- Czech Republic
- Republic of Malta
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
YOU MAY LIKE: 25 Best Online Jobs for Students to Earn Money
- Applicant must hold a passport from the eligible country
- He/she should not own a visitor’s visa to the USA
- The applicant must plan to visit the USA for 90 days or less
- You must be intending to visit the USA for business or tourism
- There must be no criminal record on you
How long is ESTA valid for?
After your application is approved, it is valid for two years unless your passport expires before the period. The applicant is permitted to visit the United States and unlimited number of times during this period.
How long can you stay in the US with an ESTA?
You can stay in the United States for 90 days at a time. The citizen is also allowed to visit Mexico, the Caribbean islands and Canada within this period of time. And if you would want to stay for over 3 months, you will have to apply for a visa before your trip. As soon as your passport expires, the program will expire as well.
What is the Cost of an ESTA?
You will get the total costs of application when you are applying for the program.
How to apply for an ESTA?
The easiest way to apply for this program is online. All you have to do is fill out the application form, upload the necessary documents, and submit the form.
- Go to the website https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
- Under the OFFICAL ESTA APPLICATION click on “CREATE NEW APPLICATION”
- Select either “Individual Application” or “Group of Applications”
- Click on “CONFIRM & CONTINUE”
- Read the Disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions
- Agree to have read and understand the information and agree to The Travel Promotion Act of 2009
- Click on “NEXT”
- Fill in your family name, first name, gender, date of birth, city of birth, passport number, country of citizenship.
- Provide your national identification number, issuance date, issuing country, personal identification number, and expiration date
- Select your citizenship and nationality
- Upload your valid passport
- Click on “NEXT”
- Provide your personal information, travel information, and answer the eligibility questions
- Review your application
- Provide your payment details and Pay the application fee
- Then click on Submit
And the application will be submitted for further review. If approved, you will be mailed on the next step to take.
Check ESTA Status
If you have not been mailed about your application status, then you can check it online. Follow the step below:
- Go to https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
- Navigate to the CHECK ESTA STATUS
- Click on “CHECK INDIVIDUAL STATUS”
- Confirm and Continue
- Enter your passport number, date of birth
- Provide your Application Number
- You can also provide country of citizenship, issuance date, and expiration date
- Click on RETRIEVE APPLICATION
Your status will be displayed.
ESTA Customer Service – CONTACT SUPPORT
You can get the customer service number on the official website: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/.