Deep Fried Carrot is a preparation method for often used with vegetables in this era on account of the crispy and savory notes this gives to a dish. Carrot can be used for so many things, it can be used in baking cakes, muffins, jams, puddings etc.
Often the vegetables would be deep-fried at 180°C, which resulted in the vegetables developing a bitter taste. Working at a lower temperature will, however, retain the flavor and color.
Deep Fried Carrot
If you have understood the basics of deep frying you will at some point, get to experience various vegetables like carrot. French fried carrots surface is golden brown and a downy inside. But many people compare frying with oiliness.
They are so delicious that you can prepare a batch and have them gone in minutes, with the only complaint being that you didn’t make enough. They are similar to potato chips (French fries), which are the ultimate quick food, especially when combined with a hefty hamburger.
Deep Fried Carrot Nutrition
Carrots, especially orange carrots, are rich in antioxidants, beta-carotene, and other health-promoting elements. It may surprise you to learn that only a small percentage of the beta-carotene in raw carrots is released during digestion, but absorption improves by up to 6.5 times when the carrots are cooked.
You can try the carrot fries if you are longing for fried food. These are great side dishes or snack for adults and kids. It is a great way to persuade veggie skeptics to eat their greens. It is nice to serve them when hot and fresh. When it is served cold the crispiness will not stay for long.
Deep Fried Carrot Recipe
In other to make carrot fries you will need these ingredients below:
- 5 oz carrot (550 g).
- 2-3 tbsp flour.
- 1 cup yogurt.
- Two eggs.
How to make Deep Fried Carrots
- Boil the carrots and cut them lengthwise into slices.
- Roll them next first in flour, then dip in egg, breadcrumbs, egg and fry them in hot oil.
- Take them out onto a napkin to get rid of the excess oil.
- Serve the crumbed carrots with a sauce made from the yoghurt beaten with a little oil from the frying of the carrots, salt and chopped dill.
What are the Calories in Fried Carrots?
The crispy baked carrot fries is an awesome healthy side dish that will satisfy your French fry cravings without guilt. This can be done with only 170 calories per serving. These tasty carrot fries taste just like sweet potato fries with seasoning without unnecessary oil.
Serving Suggestions on Deep Fried Carrot
- As a garnish for appetizers and main courses, for example, with pumpkin, celeriac, leek, potato, or onion components.
- You can make the carrots more interesting by chopping them into thicker strips and then cover them in tempura batter. As an aperitif snack, serve them.
- Then, combine with pheasant pointed cabbage, and sweet potato in a composition.
There you go!