There are several ways of getting a Canada Temporary Resident Permit. Canada is a popular country for work, tourists and immigrants. It’s got a beautiful landscape, lot of work opportunities and liberal government, making it a best place to visit.
HAVE YOU SEEN: Visa Bulletin August 2022 Predictions
Some of these ways are permanent residency routes that lets foreigners to live fully in Canada permanently and access benefits and social support. Other ways of having the permit lets you to study in Canada, or live, work, and tour Canada on temporary basis. Some of the permanent permit benefits include famous Express Entry system or the Provincial Nomination Program.
Canada Temporary Resident Permit
There are a lot of benefits to moving to Canada on a temporary basis. Some of the temporary residence visas offer foreigners similar benefits and rights as permanent residents. For example, the work permit will grant you the right to work and study in the country.
Ways To Get A Canada Temporary Resident Permit
Temporary residence visas allow you to move around Canada and tour the country, before committing completely to immigration. Additionally, your chances of immigration are higher when you have been living in Canada doing some activities. Below are 3 ways to get a Canada Temporary Resident Permit.
In the year 2019, Canada’s national marketing organization also known as Destination Canada recorded over 20 million visitors to Canada. It is the second-largest country in the world in terms of total area. Having ten provinces and three territories spanning from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into Arctic Ocean.
There are ways you can visit Canada and it is based on your country of origin. You can apply for a visitor’s visa from your country by submitting an application online or a hard copy. After applying for one, your passport will be stamped with a visitor visa, which is the temporary resident permit.
This signifies that you are allowed to visit the country at a port of entry (POE), like an airport, harbour or border crossing. Travelers are permitted to live in Canada for about six months.
If you don’t require a visitor visa based on your country, then you can use the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), the type of travel document, nationality, and method of travel (air, ocean, road). You can determine what is best for you by responding to some questions like:
- What is the type of travel document you have?
- The country code of the passport you intend to use
- If you are a dual Canadian citizen?
- Are you a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and do you have official proof of this status, such as a green card?
- What do you plan to do in Canada?
The answers will determine if you need a visitor’s visa or eTA in traveling to the country. The cost of a visitor’s visa in Canada is about $100.
Canada Visitor Visa – Requirements
To apply for a Canada Visitor Visa to Canada, you are required to meet with the below requirements:
- Must have valid passport
- You must have a clear medical certificate
- Provide a clear police certificate
- Tell the immigration officer at the POE that your intention is just to visit Canada, and leave before the expiry date of your visa
- Must have proof of funds that show you have sufficient money to explore, live in Canada and leave the country
- A letter of invitation if you are visiting a family or friends
- Family information (of family residing in Canada)
- An itinerary of your stay
- Travel history if you have entered Canada before
Apply for Canadian Visitor Visa
This is a step-by-step process of applying for a Canadian visitor’s visa:
- Determine your eligibility to enter the country
- Gather the requirement documented needed to apply
- Go online and apply. Create a profile, and upload your document
- Pay the fees
- Provide fingerprints and biometrics at your local visa application center
- Send your passport to be stamped
- Get your bags prepared for Canada!
If the temporary permit for six months is too short for you, then you can apply for a longer temporary residence permit to study and work in Canada.
Study in Canada
There are some best post-secondary education institutions in Canada. Some are often ranked among the top 100 universities. Canada is home to McGill which is the University of Toronto and McMaster University.
You can study in Canada as an international student with the following requirements:
- If you are enrolled at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
- Show if you have the financial means to pay for tuition, living expenses, return transportation, and have family members to bring with you to Canada
- Must be able to abide by the law, have a clean criminal record, and obtain a police certificate
- You must be in excellent health, and obtain a medical examination
- Applicant should show that they will depart Canada after the study visa expires
Your study visa will be issued to you for the duration of time your study course will run for. You can as well renew your study permit and apply for Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) after graduation to remain in Canada on a temporary basis.
Work in Canada
It is possible to work in Canada using the work permit. This permit allows you to live in Canda on a temporary basis. You can either get the open work permit or the employer-specific work permit.
Open Work Permit
This allows you to work anywhere in Canada, and for any employer within the legal limitations set by the federal law.
Employer-Specific Work Permit
This permit is limited to people who can work for a person and where they can work. The latter required a valid work contract. This work visa can last for one or two years and it is dependent on the length of the contract.
Temporary Foreign Worker Program
The Temporary Foreign Worker Program is established for Canadian employers to fill labor spaces that weren’t filled by Canadian citizens or permanent residents. A positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is required to hire a foreigner to work in the country.
Temporary foreign workers are usually hired as academics staffs, in agriculture or as caregivers. And there are lot of programs that lets temporary foreign workers to live in Canada and earn a living. With an adequate work experience, they can apply for permanent residency and stay longer.
Working Holiday Visa
This visa allows citizens or permanent residents of the 35 partnering countries to live and work in Canada on a temporary basis. You will be allowed to travel around the country and work at same time. This visa is popularly programs for young people living in places like UK and USA.
Can I renew my visitor visa to Canada?
In some cases, you can either apply online to renew the visa or extend your visitor’s visa to get a visitor’s record. Information about your visitor status in Canada and your stay duration are specified in the record. This does not ensure that you can leave Canada and then return back. You must adhere to the country’s Entry rules if you intend to travel outside and back.
Why should I apply online?
There are several benefits of applying online for a Canada visitor visa:
- Application can be done in few minutes, without courier fees or mail delivery delays.
- The processing of your application is done quickly
- There is online assistance to ensure that your application is finished before submitting it
- Documents can be quickly submitted online
- With the online account, you can receive information on the status of your application
Can I stay after my Canada temporary resident permit expires?
Once the Canada visitor visa expires, you will be out of status and be required to leave the country. But if you apply to renew your visa, or to change your condition of stay by submitting an application to work or study in Canada, then you can stay in the country while you await the status of your application.