If you have got a Canada trip coming up and you are planning to travel soon, then you should get the Canada ETA applied for before time. Having to secure what you need for a trip outside the country can be complicated and stressful.
JUST FOR YOU: ESTA ESTA – ESTA USA TRAVEL | Official ESTA Application Website
This article is a guide on what you need to know about ETA, Canadian ETA, and some other necessary information. So, ensure to read on carefully to get the better understanding on what it is about.
ETA – What is an ETA?
The term ETA means Electronic Travel Authorization. eTA is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals that want to travel to Canada by air. It is electronically linked to the traveler’s passport. An eTA is valid for up to five years or until the traveler’s passport expires.
With a valid approved eTA, one can travel to Canada as they want for up to six months at a time. An eTA is not required to ravel within Canada, and also it does not guarantee entry to Canada. After arrival, the border service officer will require to see your passport and other documents. That is what will redeem your eligibility for entry into Canada.
ETA Visa Canada – What is a Canadian ETA?
The Canadian ETA allows people to come visit the country by air either for tourism or business purposes. It can be referred to as an entry requirement for any visa-exempted foreign countries citizens who want to go to the Great White North.
Canada ETA Eligibility
A person is eligible for the Canadian ETA if:
- The person is from a visa-exempt country
- You are planning a trip to Canada by air
Below are the eligible countries for a Canadian ETA:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- San Marino
- Solomin Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
- Vatican City State
YOU MAY LIKE: wellsfargo mynewcard – Pre Approval Wells Fargo Credit Card | Wells Fargo Near Me
This category also includes British citizens, British Overseas nationals and British Overseas Territory citizens of the below countries:
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
- Gibraltar, Montserrat
- Pitcairn Island
- Saint Helena
- Turks and Caicos Islands (if they got citizenship by birth, descent, naturalization or registration in one of the territories).
Keep in mind that if you are traveling by sea, then you don’t require an ETA. And the requirements may differ for applying for Canada ETA from different countries.
Canada ETA Application Requirements
Below are some documents required for applying for this ETA:
- Completely and correctly filled application form
- Copy of password from an eligible country. It must be valid for six months from the arrival date in Canada.
- ETA processing fee
Apply Canada ETA – ETA Application
Follow the steps to apply for an ETA:
- Visit the ETA official website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/apply.html
- Read the passage, then scroll down and click on Apply for an eTA
- Glance through the Important reminders – apply for an eTA
- Click on Get final instructions to apply for an eTA
- Read through the Final instructions to apply for an eTA
- Select if you have a password issued by France or not
- Then click on Continue to the eTA application form
- Select if you are applying on behalf of someone
- Click on Next
- Select the document you plan to use to travel to Canada
- Enter the code that matches the one on your passport (it is a country code like ITA for Italy)
- Select the nationality noted on the password
- Provide the details of the password which includes passport number, name, date of birth, gender, birth country, issued date and expiration date
- Enter your country, language, email address, residential address, travel information
- Agree to the consent and declaration
- Enter the name as it appears on your passport as signature
- Click on Proceed to Payment
- Provide your payment method and details
- Click on Submit application
Once payment is approved, the application will be reviewed. Ensure to print a copy of the application form. You will be mailed on the status of your application and what to do next.
Canada ETA FAQs
How long will it take to receive my Canada ETA?
The Canada ETA processing time differs and depends on the Canadian Immigration Office.
How much will the Canada ETA cost me?
You can get the fee during application.
Can I work in Canada when I have the Canadian ETA?
No, it is not suitable for full or part-time work for a Canadian employer in Canada.