The BlueCrossBlueShield (BCBS) system is made up of 35 independent and locally operated companies. It was established in 1982 from the merger of its two-namesake organization. Blue Cross was founded in 1928 and later was named Blue Cross Association in 1960.
While the Blue Shield was out in 1939 and Blue Shield Association was established in 1948. It claims to control access to trademarks and names across the U.S. and in over 170 other countries.
BlueCrossBlueShield | BlueCross BlueShield
This association is a federation of 35 separate United States health insurance companies. They provide health insurance in the United States to over 106 million people. It offers insurance including medical, dental, Medicare Advantage, and prescription drug coverage to individuals, families, and employers.
BlueCross BlueShield NC
BSBCA manages communication between members and operating policies required to be a licensee of the trademarks. This permits each of its companies to offer nationwide insurance coverage even though it only operates in its designated service area.
BCBS Provider Login | BCBSNC Provider Login
Certain benefits are offered to members who are logged into their accounts. Benefits that can be accessed when you visit your local BCBS company’s website include:
- Ask questions to the customer service
- Change your coverage
- File a claim
- Estimate cost of medical procedure
- Check claim status
- Replace member ID card
- Review balance
- Check plan details
And many more.
How to Login
To login and get access to all the features and benefits it offers, follow the step below:
- Launch a web browser
- Enter the URL https://member.bcbsm.com
- Enter into your username and password
- And click on Login
Find My Local BCBS Company
This can be done with the My Member ID Card.
- Go to bcbs.com/member-services#access-my-benefits
- Head to the Find My Local BCBS Company section
- Enter the 3-letter prefix which is the first three characters of the identification number from your member ID card
- Click on GO
- If you don’t have a member ID card, click on “I DON’T HAVE MY MEMBER ID CARD”
- Enter your 5-digit ZIP code or Choose your State, and click on GO
- Then click on the company link from the given option
You can sign in using your username and password or register for an account under the BCBS website in your state.
BCBS Provider Phone Number
You can learn about the insurance option for individuals & families or employers. It has two office locations:
225 North Michigan Ave.
1310 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
For questions about your health insurance coverage, benefits, or treatment, you can call the toll-free number on the back of your member ID card or find your BCBS company.